Wheat Paste Posters: What You Need
Using posters for marketing and promotion is nothing new. But even as advances in new marketing techniques continue to rise, posters continue to be a leading method in advertising and campaigning. With the speed and wide-area coverage that wheat paste posters allow, anyone can get their message out quickly and efficiently. As long as you have the right tools, the perfect plan, and the best design possible, you can use wheat paste posters to boost your business or personal brand.
Materials Needed for Wheat Paste Posters
To make wheat paste posters work for you, you’ll need just a few materials to get started. Outside of the poster itself, you’ll also need the following:
- Flour: All-purpose flour works best to ensure the right consistency.
- Sugar: Regular granulated sugar helps create a stronger adhesion.
- Water: Distilled water will create a longer-lasting adhesion, but tap can be used as well in a pinch.
- Mixing Bowl: You can mix your paste in any kind of mixing bowl, but stainless-steel bowls have the best results.
- Whisk: You’ll need a thin-wire whisk to combine the mixture properly without any lumps.
- Brush: You have to apply the paste quickly over the back of your poster, so using a wide-bristle brush will help you save time.
Be sure you have all of the materials needed before you begin planning out your route. If you are missing an important tool, it could slow down your work or even halt your progress altogether.
Getting the Right Paper for Wheat Paste Posters
Your posters are almost always going to be hanging up outside in the elements. As a result, it’s important that you prepare the best posters possible to withstand the weather. The heavier the paper weight, the better. For best results, we recommend you use either 100LB gloss text paper or 28LB bond paper to ensure your posters will last in the heat, cold, wind, or rain.
Creating Wheat Paste Posters
Once you have all of your materials and your posters are printed, it’s time to start making the paste. The paste will last a while before it dries out, but it’s best to prepare the wheat paste the day of or the night before you go to put up posters. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make wheat paste.
Photo by Tom Dillon on Unsplash
- Make sure you have all of your ingredients before you begin the process.
- Mix the flour and sugar together in your mixing bowl.
- Gradually add water a little bit at a time while stirring constantly. You want to keep stirring and adding water until you have a thick, smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste to a cooking pot and heat over medium heat until it thickens and becomes transparent. Stir constantly to avoid boiling the paste or creating an inconsistent texture.
- Turn off the heat and let the paste cool in the pot on the stove/hot plate.
With your paste and posters in hand, you’re ready to begin putting your plan into action.
Hanging Your Wheat Paste Posters
Having everything you need includes having a plan in place to put up your posters. If you have a route planned ahead of time, you can save a lot of energy and effort in trying to figure out where to go with your posters. There are two main things you need to keep in mind when putting up wheat paste posters.
Wheat paste posters are a popular method for advertising and campaigning. But they are considered their own form of art and have their own rules and regulations you need to follow. Just because wheat paste makes the posters temporary and easy to remove, that doesn’t mean you can go putting them up in public spaces at your whim.
Each city has its own regulations when it comes to posting wheat paste posters in public, so be sure to do your research ahead of time. You may not be able to post in certain places, or you may need to get a permit beforehand. If you are having trouble getting your posters up in public areas, you can also ask around at private properties that neighbor public spaces. It’s important to follow the rules and laws surrounding wheat paste posters in your city to avoid fines or other hefty consequences.
Installing your wheat paste posters can take a lot of work, so you want to make sure you do it right the first time around. You want to make sure that the day you choose to install your posters is clear and calm, as rain and wind can reduce the effectiveness of your adhesion or damage the paper of your poster.
You also want to check that you have the right locations. If you’re advertising for a children’s concert, for example, you may want to install your posters near a playground or library. But make sure you install your posters outside of rush-hour traffic, as most people aren’t going to take the time to stop and look at them when they’re rushing to or from work/school.
Where to Get Wheat Paste Posters Printed
Wheat paste posters are a great way to advertise your company, promote an event, or showcase your artwork. But you need to make sure you have the right posters for the job. At Guru Printers, we offer high-quality prints on sturdy, durable paper that will withstand the elements. When you print your wheat paste posters with us, you get a team of dedicated professionals to help make sure your efforts pay off. We even offer design help with our team of in-house designers. You can start placing an order for your wheat paste posters online today or send an email to in**@gu**********.com if you have any questions about our services or your order.